Thursday, June 10, 2010

Another opening, another show

This evening I performed a show in what can only be described as Hicksville, Tennessee. A short drive off the interstate, the venue was completely lacklustre, with a rodent infestation to rival ancient Egypt, and a hick infestation to match.

I opened with my usual repartee, sang a few showtunes from my eighth album, and then clinched the deal with a fabulous closing number (alluding to no fewer than three of my international sell-out tour performances).

Whilst I cannot say the crowd was utterly understanding of my unique brand of art, it was only their loss. Mine is an art that transcends genres, generations and state penitentiary lines.

I did also see a bar fire that began with an argument over the ownership of a glass eye.

Alas, Kurt's Steak Hut suffers from the same problem that plagues the more remote towns around these parts - a surfeit of glass eyes and a dearth of fire exits...

No comments:

Post a Comment